Saturday, December 21, 2013

Baby Footprint Ornaments



I made imprints on Stella's feet months ago.  I used this recipe to make the dough. I kind of feel bad because I don't even remember how old she was when we did it. I wanted to write on the back how many weeks/months she was, but I honestly have no clue.  In that case, we are just putting the year. Close enough and it will have to do.  

My original plan was to leave them as is. Just put the name and year, glue a ribbon on and be done. But as you can see below, some of the imprints got a little too dark around the edges when baking and didn't all look the same. And I wanted them to.  To fix it and make myself happy, I looked through the paint I had on hand and found this peachy pink color and went with that.  



I let them dry, wrote her name and the year on the back with a black Sharpie and hot glued cream colored ribbon to the back for hanging.  Here is the finished product.  I think it turned out pretty good.  I wish the imprint was a bit more noticeable, but overall, it was success. And I know the grandparents, great grandparents and other family will love and cherish it.






No comments:

Post a Comment