Sunday, December 15, 2013

Stella, meet Santa

We took Stella to meet Santa Claus on Thursday. I met Donald at the mall to do pictures and for lunch.  I have friends who have posted their fearful, screaming, red-faced, mouth wide open look of "why are you doing this to me?" I'm not gonna lie, I wanted that!  I think the pictures are hilarious. I wanted to have a photo to submit to Ellen on Instagram.  The girls tell you to approach Santa with the child looking at you instead of him so the kids don't freak out.  By them saying this line, it proves that kids have Santa induced meltdowns all the time. 

Sidenote: The girls were not dressed like elves or Santa's helpers.  I was so hoping for a chick dressed in red and white striped leggings, a green crushed velvet jacket, elf shoes with the curled toe topped with a jngle bell, definitely a hat of some sort and possibly, and this is a big hope, but elf ears.  I basically just described Santa's helper from Home Alone when Kevin visits Santa to ask for his family back.  I know it's a huge wish for myself, but it is Christmas. Disappointment swept over my face as I approached and realized my wish was not coming true. Hopefully it wasn't too obvious. 

So instead for the Santa screamer, we got the cute, adorable, happy, smiling girl seen here.


I love this one of her checking him out. I thought she'd go straight for yanking on his beard, but she seemed pretty mesmerized. 



We have been handing Stella off to family and friends as much as possible since day one, so I guess that with stranger anxiety. We didn't want a baby who wouldn't go to anyone.  I've been told the red-faced holiday horror photo I so desperately want will happen if I sit and wait patiently for a few years.  It might even happy as early as next Christmas when she's 18 months.  I've got my fingers crossed! 



No comments:

Post a Comment