Saturday, December 21, 2013

Mistletoes 2013

As a new mom around the Holidays, I feel like I'm one of Santa's newest Elves.  I'm sure most mothers feel this way during this time of year.  Not only are you running around getting gifts for the usual's on the list, now you have to think of what to get baby, plus gifts "from" the baby to the grandparents and such.  Thanks to my good friend, Pinterest, I have tons of ideas. Thanks to Stella's adorable feet and this photo, along with many others very similar online, we have a very cute gift that is also a keepsake.  

I used construction paper, tempera paint, what are listed at Terra Cotta markers (but I'm sure a Sharpie would work) and of course, her feet.  I stamped as many as she would let me do.  I was by myself which makes things a little more difficult.  I ended up with four sets of footprints.  I drew on the string, but if you have a good hand when it comes to painting (I don't), then you could do that as well.


I then took an empty cardboard toilet paper roll and painted the ends and used it as a stamp for little whimsical circles. I thought about filling them in with paint or putting little polka dots here and there, but I thought it best to keep it simple.  I have one for us to keep, 2 of each set of grandparents and I'll most likely give one to my brother and his girlfriend. I'm thinking I'll laminate the one we keep and use it as a placemat when she gets older.  Even if we don't use it for that, it will keep a lot longer that way.  


No comments:

Post a Comment