Sunday, January 5, 2014

52 Project

As if I needed another excuse to take photographs of my child, I now have another reason: 52 Project.  Basically, I'll continue to snap away all week, but I'll post one photograph of my choosing to Instagram each week for the year.  My week will run Monday through Sunday and I'll post the chosen one on Sunday. The hashtag I'm using is #sands52project. I'm excited to see how this will play out over the next 52 weeks. Perhaps I'll make a book about it on snapfish. 

The photo I've chosen for my first week is Stella's first experience with snow. 


We made our first road trip together on Thursday the 2nd up to Aunt Katha's cabin in the Blue Ridge Mountains. That night it snowed a light, powdery dusting of beautiful snowflakes. I put on her hooded reindeer onesie and took her outside. It was gorgeous and the snow glistened in the sunlight. I picked a shaded spot by the trees and plopped her down. There wasn't as much snow in that area but everywhere else was too bright for her. We could only stay out for about five minutes because the temperature was in the teens. Also, she  kept trying to eat the leaves and pine straw. Her nose turned red as I was snapping away, so she really is my red-nosed reindeer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment