Friday, April 10, 2015

Sending Hugs in the mail

It was my intention to mail a hug to Stella's Lolly & Pop, her Uncle Mikey and Aunt Jessica and Nina, but that never happened. Instead they got hand delivered to the first two recipients by Stella herself and Nina got hers from Lollypop. 

I'd seen something similar on Pinterest where you trace the arms/hands on butcher paper and mail, but I wanted something to capture Stella's hand print.  


I traced her hands onto the inside of a scrap piece of cardboard. I cut it out and then re-cut six hand prints on thicker plain cardboard. I then took some ric rac and pulled it from the tip of one finger, across her back all the way to the tip of her other middle finger. I snipped and hot glued. 


I then came up with this cute little rhyme: 
"Here's a little love in sending your way.
Wrap my arms around you. Hope this hug brightens your day!"



I love that this is the actual size of her hand and the length of her arms. Next time, I would love to pre-glue scrapbook paper to cardboard and then trace her hands. 
The hand print cut outs aren't perfect, but I'm sure the recipients aren't too concerned with that. 


No comments:

Post a Comment