Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Spring at the Zoo

Ok, so we have a membership to Zoo Atlanta. I bought it last summer for Stella's 1st birthday. We really enjoyed it this past summer and fall, but haven't been in a few months due to a busy schedule and/or crappy weather. When I found out how awesome the weather was supposed to be Monday and Tuesday I knew we had to go.  

Monday started out a little rough-Stella woke up in a bad mood which is so unlike her. It's typical for her to wake up moody after a nap, but never in the morning. She's usually the happiest little ray of sunshine. I was scared. I'd had this perfect day planned out in my mind and was afraid of what might happen. Apparently she was hangry. It happens a lot. Once she got some breakfast in her, she did a complete 180.  

I packed a lunch which I've never done but it was so worth it. Not only are we saving money, but I don't have to stand in line while we are both starving. The main eating area was pretty crowded and they didn't have the umbrellas out which meant we would have been sweating two minutes into eating lunch. I decided to look for a place to eat in the shade. We sat under an umbrella at one of the restaurants that's still closed for the season. It was lovely. Just us and another family or two. Nice and quiet. And she actually ate since she didn't have the distractions of all of the other kids running around.






This guy/gal was passed out and snoring!


We gave the choo-choo another shot and she loved it!  I dressed us in our shamrock attire since it was just the day before and I wasn't sure if we'd be out on St. Patrick's Day.


One of my favorites of us!




I brought her VHC backpack/leash along just to give it a try. Towards the end of the trip she asked to wear it so I put it on her and she walked herself!  On the walk back to the car, I actually walked her just to see how she'd do and it went ok. I definitely don't see myself using this a lot, but it was nice to navigate the parking lot and sidewalk with since I'd parked on the street.


Eeeee......Her little heart dotted panties are showing. So cute. She did really good-no accidents!


As a mom you have good days and bad days and everything in between. I remember a really bad day I had with Stella when she was three weeks old. Just the worst. This day was the opposite of that. It was perfection. She literally didn't fuss, whine or whimper one.single.time. I hope I remember this day forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment