Friday, April 10, 2015

Easter 2015

Our scrambled egg tree 


Donald suggested about a month ago the idea of decorating the dogwood tree in our yard with Easter eggs. Dogwoods typically bloom around Easter and have the religious aspect to it, so I thought "sure". I had a bunch of plastic Easter eggs and some extra curling ribbon so I hot glued the ribbon to the eggs during naptime and afterward we hung the decorations. A few days later Stella was looking out the front window pointing and saying something I couldn't figure out. I finally determined it was "Scrambled Egg Tree." To her, all eggs are scrambled eggs. She says scrambled eggs all the time but out of the context of the fridge/kitchen I was lost. I love that she calls it that. 


We were in Sylvester for Easter having just drove in from the beach the night before.  
The Easter Bunny brought Stella two baskets. One from Mommy and one from Lolly. Mommy got Stella three new books-a scratch 'n' sniff pop up one about fruit, one Peter Rabbit book called Munch and a How to Make a Rainbow book that uses ribbons to make the rainbow. She also got owl & cherry stickers, two carrot shaped bubble necklaces, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse color and shape flash cards, a Minnie Mouse flashlight, a Minnie Mouse Bowtique play dough kit, a yellow flower pinwheel and froggy (or as she calls them "ribbit" glasses. Not pictured-the Kit Kat bar. She ate half on the car ride home and the other half after lunch yesterday. 



Lolly had a basket for Stella but we took everything out of it to bring back to our house. For picture purposes I put it back in the basket I got her last year. She received glow-in-the-dark bunny rabbit ear headbands, 2 bendable flowers, Minnie Mouse, Daisy and a seahorse bath toys (for the beach house), owl glasses, ponytail holders, sidewalk chalk, a carton of Robin Eggs and mini M&M's. Not pictured-The Night Before Easter book and a pen shaped like a bird? Duck? I have no idea. Oh, and a box of Sugar Daddies. And her Nina gave her two chocolate bunnies and a furry chick. 


We decided to withhold the Sugar Daddies since they seem like they could be a choking hazard. Instead she got a few handfuls of M&M's. I could tell if we allowed it, she would consume the entire thing of them. This girl loves her chocolate! Got it from her Daddy and Lolly. 

Unfortunately we didn't  really get to celebrate Easter much this year. As I stated we had just gotten in from the beach that night and Stella wasn't feeling good. Her allergies have been horrible the past two weeks. And she had been all over the place between LollyPop's, Nini and Grandaddy's, the beach and then visiting and errands in between. 
She slept twelve hours Saturday night but woke up not feeling good which equaled a foul mood. It was my intention to have an egg hunt at both our house and LollyPop's, but neither happened. She cried most of the morning. The only time she didn't was in the bath or on a golf cart ride. We had lunch at my parents and loaded up the car to drive back so we could get her back home ASAP. We tried showing Stella her Easter baskets but she really had no interest. She finally looked through and played with stuff Monday. I wanted to do an egg hunt that evening after Donald came home. Sadly, our oak trees dumped pounds of neon yellow pollen all over everything while we were out of town. The weather lady said the pollen count was sky high-near 2000 so I decided against the egg hunt since it seems we are finally close to getting her well. 

I really wanted loads of adorable pictures of Stella frolicking through the grass in a precious flowery dress daintily picking up eggs and "oohing" and "aahhhing" over each one. I wanted to see her run around the yard at my parents with my mom dressed up in her bunny costume while Donald and I try and decide who's more excited-Stella or my mom. But even more than that, I want her to feel better, so we just skipped Easter for the most part. She's little and has no concept of time or Holidays really. She will be fine and so will we. So here's hoping for a better Easter next year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment