Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Lazy Monday

Monday was just wonderful. I'd wanted a day to just lay around in my pj's, not go anywhere and not do much of anything. I finally got that. I was hoping to get this day when Donald was gone to the beach but it just didn't happen. So it was welcomed at the start of the week.

The sun was out when we woke up around 8:30-both were lovely (the sleeping in and sunshine.)

Donald called around 9:30 to say he wasn't far away. Finally, Daddy would be home after being at the beach house since Thursday. We only got to see him for about 45 minutes as he had to get to work. But what a great surprise. I didn't expect him until after work.

We sorted and washed a few loads of clothes, then shared a lunch of salad with fresh greens from the garden and some frozen SeaPak tempura shrimp. I didn't have my hopes set too high on the shrimp, but they were so incredibly good. Like, they tasted as though someone had just freshly fried them. It probably helps that I finally got around to buying a decent toaster oven. We've needed a new one for a while because we use it almost daily.

Apparently bad weather was supposed to hit. I posted this on facebook that afternoon:

"Well, I'm gonna go ahead & say goodbye to everyone. This is the end. I have received 4 alerts from the news, 4 alerts from TWC, 2 texts from family & 3 phone calls, along with 2 voicemails from KSU (not sure how I got on that call list) in less than 2 hours in regards to the severe/bad/intense/end-of-days weather that is apparently headed directly & certainly for my house. Currently looking at a mix of blue skies & clouds out my window btw."

It ended up thundering once. Once!

While Stella napped I prepped for dinner. Caramelized onions, braised short ribs, rice, roasted lemon broccoli and garlic cheddar biscuits. 



When Stella woke up she asked to go for a walk. I had mentioned walking earlier in the morning, but Donald called to say he wasn't far away so we held off. Guess she really wanted to go.




Yeah, I have no idea what this stance is.







So on our walk we each had a Popsicle and walked hand in hand. It was the best. Stella collected sweet gum balls, leaves and a few rocks and sticks. She chased leaves blowing in the wind. We talked about ditches and how the water flows through them when she saw all of the red clay in the ditch and yelled "Bad Ants!" Stella felt it was her civic duty to stomp on all the ants she saw in the street. Then I saw her stomping on something bigger-a caterpillar. We talked about him and moved him out of the street with our leftover Popsicle stick. Stella kept trying to re-move him and pick him up with a stick. It took about ten minutes to say goodbye and start walking back towards the house.  The sun was shining, the breeze was blowing, it was just perfect. We picked flowers too. The best part is she asked to go on the walk and decided where we went. We walked up our street, across Pine and down Morris  which is something I haven't done in a very, very long time. It was pretty much impossible to do with her or Bandit when the crazy neighbors and their dogs were living up the street. The dogs were scary and it just wasn't pleasant. I really hope it's something we can do a few times a week. 

When we got back I cleaned off the back porch and table while Stella sat in the swing. Daddy got home and the two of them played outside in the yard. I looked outside and at one point she was rolling down the hill. I just adore watching them play.


No comments:

Post a Comment