Sunday, February 16, 2014

Sunday in the Park

It's been either cold, rainy, dreary, snowing or all of the above here so much lately. I knew today was supposed to have great weather so I suggested we go down to Piedmont Park. We don't go that often because honestly, it's a pain for us to get to. This time we didn't have any issues with parking so that was an added bonus.  

A lot of the green space was still mushy, wet and muddy from the ice/snow/rain this past week so we had to tip-toe around a bit.  It was a perfect day, but you never know how it's going to be out in an open space like that. Yesterday it turned out to be a gorgeous day, but the wind was fierce and it was very cold out even though it looked like it might be warm out. Today, you could tell some people were expecting the same, even though it was quite "Springish" out. Some people were dressed in full on hats, scarves and big jackets and others had on shorts and tees. Then there was a variety of in-between. A few guys were playing Frisbee in just rolled up pants. No shirts, no shoes. One of those guys looked naked because his khaki pants matched his apparent khaki colored skin.  

We took Bandit down with us and had complete intentions of letting him sniff butts at the dog park, but we decided to just walk him around a lot when we saw what looked like millions of dogs and people at the dog park. Uh, no thank you.

There were a TON of people at the park.  Before we headed back to the car we noticed even more people sunbathing and filing down onto the main brown green space. 
It was truly a perfect day to be out.



This is a terrible picture, but I think it's funny because they both blinked at the same time.


Bandit was so happy he got to come along. He's trying to rub it in her face. She doesn't seem amused.



I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this face. She lights up around her Daddy. I truly cannot get enough of her expressions and true emotion that escapes her through her facial features. I know she's going to be sooo animated like I am. And a talker. She'll be one of those kids where the teachers will say, "She's a good kid and student, but she won't shut up."  I may or may not have heard that at most parent-teacher conferences growing up. 
Whatever, at least I'm not socially awkward.




Daddy loves stealing Stella's kisses.



One of the many things my mama and I have in common are the love of baby shoes and the piggies that go in them.  Her feet and toes are touching all ends/sides of these shoes and they won't get much more "wear" out of them.  I wanted to get a picture of the cuteness.  
Ugh, they just kill me.  Donald says Stella has cankles. Poor thing.



Mommy, Bandit & Stella soaking up some Vitamin D.


"Hey, what's the crunchy brown stuff?"


"Whatever it is, it's tasty."

Can you see the mud on her white tennis shoes. Yeah, we had wet butts too. Even through the picnic blanket. 


Afterwards, the plan was to head up to Chipotle at Cumberland since they have a patio and we figured it would be a lot less crowded than the establishments around the park.  We headed up Piedmont and D says, "Oh, I didn't know that's where Grindhouse Killer Burgers was." Eeerrrk! (That's my breaks squealing noise.)  Yeah, so we ate at Grindhouse instead. Not a bad decision at all. 
 I had a double with lettuce, pickles, tomatoes, mustard, bacon, grilled shrooms and cheddar with sweet potato fries. I shared with Stella. I tried to get a picture of this deliciousness, but my phone wasn't cooperating. 
 D had the Grindhouse burger and onion rings. D did not share his food with Stella. Meanie.  We split a peach milkshake and I let Stella lick the last little bit off of the straw. 

It was a wonderful day and makes me long for the spring even more.



No comments:

Post a Comment