Friday, December 4, 2015

Zoo Day

On Tuesday, November 17, I took Stella to the zoo. It had been a while since we visited and it was a nice day out. The arm on my sunglasses broke right after we entered the Zoo gates, but I never needed them due to an overcast and very mild day.

We arrived to see a ton of kindergarten-ish aged kids hand in hand entering the park. I cringed a bit worried it would be so crowded. Boy was I wrong.  They apparently all went one way and we went the other.  Stella told me she wanted to ride the carousel first so we walked that way. We ended up being the only people to ride the carousel and the choo-choo.


Stella insisted on bringing Baby along.




And she loved climbing this.


Kisses for the baby giraffe.


Not sure what this look is....


It took me 20 minutes to convince her it was not a good idea to leave Baby here. She kept saying, "She'll be ok. She's taking a nap."



Right after this was taken, Stella headed for the Pampas grass. She was holding it and pulled her hand away quickly and it cut her. Gosh, I hate that stuff. I had the same thing happen to me many times as a kid. Hate it!  We ended up having to visit the first aid station to get a Band-Aid because she wouldn't stop crying over it. It was truly magic. Instantly cured the ailment. I carry them but had left them in the car on accident so the First Aid Station came in quite handy.

I had no idea there was a leopard at the zoo. As many times as we've been. We usually go a different route and bypass this exhibit (all along I didn't realize we were missing any big exhibits). But he/she pounced right up to say Hello.


Of course we had to stop by and say "Ni Hao" to Mei Lun and Mei Huan. She loves these two pandas so much. They are only about a month younger than her. We watch them on the panda came some days.  They were playing outside when we visited and Stella wanted to play on the grass across from them too.


Apparently Baby got heavy being carried in her arms so I had to put her in the Mei Tai so Stella would be more comfy. 



Checking on her. Yep, she's good, she's napping.


"Choo-choo"


Stella put in to get out and play more right after I put her in the car seat. So I drove about a mile down the road, pulled over at Grant Park and we got out and walked around.






 We found a playground with lots of moms and their daughters. Soon, more moms and daughters came, to the point of 12-15 girls and only 1 boy. Right at the end a dad showed up with his 2 older sons, but for 45 minutes or so it was nearly an all female cast. Stella met another girl named Stella and she and another girl were playing "Anna and Elsa". Stella wanted to play and chased them around trying to fit in with them. Love that she wasn't afraid to do that.


This spot was just next to the playground. I loved this view. I'd love to explore this park more hand in hand with Donald and/or Stella.





No comments:

Post a Comment