Friday, December 11, 2015

Fall Projects

I had 2 full days to myself back in October while Stella was down in Sylvester with the grandparents. It was before Donald and I left for our anniversary trip so I had left her down there and driven back up Monday and we didn't leave until Thursday. Boy was I busy. Tuesday I didn't leave the house and did a ton of stuff outside. 

I re-potted some succulent plants in these vintage colanders.




I hot glued wired ribbon around these mini hay bales to display on the front porch table.



I neatly gathered up the dried Indian corn from our wedding and tied the husks to give it a nicer appearance in the baskets. 


I'm so pleased with how these turned out. I painted these last year for a Fall Carnival I helped with and love displaying these for the Fall.




I spray painted dried gourds in five different colors and tied twine around them and strung them to the lattice between our house and the carport. I love how they turned out, however, they are not holding up well at all actually in the rain. They've been on the front porch in a basket off and on for years. Some are from our wedding and some are from years past. A few molded and/or rotted while drying and those got tossed but these were completely dried and had been for years. Now that they are painted and actually getting wet, they are covered in black mold. And the paint is chipping. Oh well. Guess they will be trashed soon. They did look cute though. I guess if I do this again to some that happen to dry themselves, I remember to keep them out of the elements.


I bought this hay bale from Home Depot for Stella's birthday party. I was supposed to be used as a "horse" to mount a saddle, but my mom decided not to bring it. Instead, I covered it in a blanket and used it as the seating area for the photo booth. It's been sitting covered underneath the shelter in the backyard and was in perfect condition. So I brought it out and put our new pumpkins and old painted apple gourds around it.


 I got this pallet for free off of the SVM yardsale facebook group for Stella's birthday party. I turned it around and used the back of it for holding photobooth props. I've seen the American flags painted on these things for years and I've been wanting to do one myself and I finally got around to it. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do about the stars, but then I remembered I bought a white battery powered light up star light from Big Lots. 



It's the perfect fit!


No comments:

Post a Comment