Friday, December 11, 2015

Lights of Life 5K 2015

This was my second year doing The Lights of Life 5K. I did it last year with Kristi and it was freezing. This year, the weather was better. It was still overcast, but warmer and not wet and muddy. I signed up last minute-the week of and ran with Kate and a few of her friends.  This year, they offered two nights to run/walk. Saturday (which we did last year) and Sunday. We did Sunday and it was a lot less crowded.




Last year Kristi and I ran probably half of the 5K. This  year, I'd say I ran about 2/3 of it. I definitely need a new sports bra and probably better running shoes, but it wasn't that bad. I like the idea of running, but just can't get into it.  I ran the entire track at the start and at the finish. By the time I finished the top of my right foot above my big toe was hurting. And my hip flexors were pretty tight.  



Got these the other day and so happy to see it doesn't look like I'm having a seizure as I cross the finish line. I actually look good and my face isn't beet red and I'm just proud of running the entire track and looking decent. Yay me!

Luckily, I had accidentally scheduled an 1 1/2 hour massage for the next night which obviously was something for me to think about as I was pushing myself to run. My massage was great, but I was pretty sore for it so it was hard to enjoy it completely. By Tuesday I was hurting pretty bad.  

This just made me laugh and I had to get a picture in here since Stella has become quite the Frozen fan lately.


I'd love to do this each year. It's nice to get out with friends and be active, especially during the Holidays.  

Donald and I were invited by Chelle and Jenni to do The Ugly Sweater 5K next weekend at Piedmont Park.  That's the same day as D's company Christmas party in Buckhead.  Don and Wanda are coming up the night before to watch Stella for it, so we'll just leave earlier in the day and head down to Midtown.  Ideally, I'd like to do a few 5K's a year and actually train for them, but we'll see how that goes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment