Monday, April 24, 2017

Stella's First BIG Haircut!

Stella gets complimented on her hair weekly, sometimes daily. It's gorgeous. And thick. Goodness, it's thick. And long. Really long for a three year old. My three year old self would have been super jealous. Hell, at times, my 33 year old self is jealous. But each little individual hair is thin which means it's tangles so easily. For about six months or so I've been suggesting or hinting at a haircut for her. Each time she would burst into tears and say "Then no one will like me/think it's pretty" or something equally as devastating for me to hear as the mother of this THREE year old. Seriously, who thinks that at three? Ugh, hate it. Anyways.....fast forward to Easter last weekend. Apparently the stars and planets aligned and allowed nearly every hair on the back of her hair to come together in one big rat's nest. It was horrible. It took me ten minutes to get it out. And during that time I thought I might have to cut it out. I kinda had one of those full body shudders as I thought about my life this summer spending half of my time at the beach untangling her hair. So I mentioned the hair cut again and she finally agreed with me that it might be a good idea. Yay!  Since we were going to Athens the following weekend to visit Uncle Mikey and Aunt Jessica we could discuss the cut more and look at pictures of what she might like on Pinterest.  But then she got impatient and started saying, "Just cut it. Just cut it already." About five times that week she told me to just cut it or "Is today the day I get my haircut?" 

Aunt Jessica gave Stella her first haircut on her first birthday right after her party. The bangs of her hair grew a lot and the sides of the back of her hair grew, but the middle in the back didn't giving her, not one, but two rat tails. When Aunt Jessica was done, Stella had this 1920's pixie and it was just presh!

before
after


Finally the day came. Aunt Jess threw her hair up for one final topknot before the big cut. 



Doing what she do-striking a pose







Uncle Mikey commented that her hair looked like spaghetti it was so straight.



I originally wanted it to be a bit shorter. Like maybe to her jawline. But looking through photos on Pinterest, Stella kept saying those were too short. She just wanted it to her shoulders. So that's what we did. We can always go shorter later.


Getting that blow out.




Looking SO proud!


Then Aunt Jess spent a while thinning her hair. Thinning y'all!! Because that's normal in a three year old. I'm telling you-so.much.hair.





So many people commented on this. 

And then I woke up this morning to find the side-by-side picture was being removed from facebook because it had inappropriate content. Seriously?! So the naked booty shot from the beach a few weeks ago is ok, but my kid's boobies/booty in panties isn't? Ridiculous. Whatever.

So now Stella looks like such a little adult. Especially with that front tooth gone. I mean, it looks like she's ready for her first day of 1st grade. Not even Kindergarten. We skipped that. Pretty soon we will actually be there. Ugghhhhh....can't handle.

And here she is looking so fashionable on this rainy, cool Monday morning before school.


She was very excited to go to school to show everyone her new hairdo. We walked in with Andrew and his mom and she told me that she heard Stella is Andrew's girlfriend! How cute is that?!  Then Alice's mom, Kate said, "Stella, I love your hair!" Stella swings it all around as she keeps walking and yells, "I got a haircut!" Oh yeah, that's what's different about you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment