Thursday, February 23, 2017

EO

The I've been using Young Living essential oils for over 2 1/2 years now. As a result, my current storage situation (our tiny hall closet) was running out of room. I found this very well made wooden cabinet at Goodwill for just under $5. 
The wood was a little too orangey for me so I knew I wanted to paint it. If the shelves weren't in the condition they were in, I may have just sanded and sealed, but since they were looking pretty rough, I decided to paint. We had some leftover paint from the living room re-do so I just used that up.





This is the before but the hinges and screws got a coat of chalkboard paint.




After I got everything painted, I let it dry overnight on the porch where I'd painted it. But then a windy rain decided to blow in.....and on my cabinet doors. I was so pissed. Luckily, the inside of the doors was the side up which had water on it. Some of the paint did bubble up, but I was able to smooth it down (mostly). With a good inspection, it's noticeable, but it's hardly a problem. Thankfully!

Right now this is sitting on an old sewing table in our bedroom.  That table will eventually be taken to the beach house so I need to find a new spot for it. I haven't decided if I'm going to hang it or not. Also, clearly I didn't consider the oils special little way of peeling/taking off the finish of painted things when I did this project. My mama actually pointed this out and I basically had a "duh" moment with myself. So for now the oils are resting on white foam board that I had laying around which I cut to fit the shelves. I'd like to get some clear acrylic bins or trays, but they seem so pricey.  Right now this will work.





No comments:

Post a Comment