Monday, September 26, 2016

Date night, lazy Saturday & the Fair

Donald flew in from San Antonio Friday afternoon and brought Stella a present-a stuffed cowgirl armadillo, complete with pink bandanna and pink cowgirl hat.  She thought it was the funniest thing.  He also brought me a present. A bottle of wine from San Antonio.

We visited for a bit, then got ready for our date night and Stella's first ever sleepover.  We had tickets to Amos Lee and when I asked Crissy if she could watch Stella, she offered for her to sleep over. I wasn't going to turn down that opportunity. I ran it by Stella and she was super excited. As was Donald.  

We dropped her off around 6:30 and headed the ramen/yakitori place in Smyrna. 
We had the most delicious yakitori ever. Ok, it was our first try so we have nothing to compare it to, but it was amazing. That sauce to dip in was soo good.

I got this text while we were eating-the girls had scarfed down their supper and were having fun in the sandbox.


Later on I received this picture. The girls with each other's nightgown's on.


I'm not entirely sure how the sleeping part of the night went. I didn't get to talk to Crissy. She had softball practice Saturday morning but got a babysitter for the girls. We picked Stella up at 11 and she said she slept with Harper some of the night and slept with Crissy the rest of the night. She said Crissy's bed was more cozy. Ha. Crissy said Stella slept with her, I'm just not sure for how long.

After we picked up Stella we went to Waffle House for breakfast.  We got there right after the mid morning breakfast rush and just before the lunch rush.

I'd sort of looked into Stella and Donald going to the Lowe's Kids Workshop but forgot to sign them up and it was full by Friday. I thought they could have some Daddy-Daugther time while I did a few things at the house. And also, since she's on Fall Break this week. Instead, we returned home and Stella and Donald crawled up into the LaZ Boy and turned on the Georgia game. They had lazy time and Stella snoozed for an hour and a half or so in D's arms while I was up in Marietta donating blood.  I gave a pint of blood in 5 minutes and 36 seconds! 

We'd talked about going to the zoo for member's only night with The Green's but when they said they weren't going, we decided not to go also. Donald said he really just wanted to have a lazy Saturday since we hadn't had much of those lately. Plus, we're going this upcoming Thursday with friends.

I'd bought some ribs Friday so we grilled those. Ok, by "we" I mean Donald. He handles all of the grilling. He also handled the prep and cooking of everything else that night. We had green beans with onions and ham and roasted butternut squash.  We sat outside on the porch and he opened a bottle of wine for himself (pre-purchased) and the bottle he'd brought me from Texas.

Supper was delicious. We hadn't grilled ribs in a long time.  Then we went outside to play in the backyard and I watered some of the flowers and veggies in the garden.  We sat down on the glider and I mentioned wanting to have a fire in the fire pit. So Donald got the "fire lamp" aka lighter and we lit it up.  We sat outside in that spot for a few hours watching the light fade from the sky, listening to the bugs get louder and louder and even caught a glimpse of some bats flittering around.  

Stella asked to take our picture. I just love this one she got of us. Donald was laughing at something funny she'd said or done.


We'd promised Stella we would watch Aladdin after supper so we went inside and got comfy on the floor in her room.  I got especially comfy after downing the entire bottle of wine and basically passed out mid-movie.  I had full intentions of going back out to the fire after she went to sleep, but I was told to go to bed and didn't argue with Donald.

We continued our laziness Sunday. I didn't get out of my pj's or put a bra on until 5:00 pm.  I fixed a casual breakfast, Stella and I did a new puzzle together. We finished watching Aladdin, I read a little while they watched football. I attempted to get her to nap for over an hour since she was very emotional about stuff, but that didn't happen.

We got to the fair around 5:45. We met up with The Green's and Landon was so excited Stella was there so they could ride stuff together.

When we walked up Landon was riding a little train "roller coaster". I use roller coaster in quotations because all it really was was a train going round and round on a track. There was no up or down motion.  

Together Stella and Landon rode Dumbo, Nemo (Hudson joined them for this ride and adored it), a caterpillar roller coaster (which actually did have a little height and up and down motion to it), the carousel, a motorcycle, the swings, an inflatable tiger slide (with me-twice) and the teacups with me, Tiffany, Landon & Huddy. Her mouth was wide open on most of the rides. Her favorite ride is still Nemo she says. 


Caterpillar roller coaster


She told Daddy she wanted to ride the pink one. Daniel tried to put Landon on the back but he wanted to drive his own motorcycle, so he hopped on the one behind her.



Up until this point, Stella was happy riding the rides, but every time she got off, she would get all whiny and clingy. Just fussing about everything. She wanted us to carry her the whole time. I asked her if she was sleepy or didn't feel good and she said yes to both. We all decided to break for supper.  She said she wanted a turkey leg and I really wanted onion rings but I knew she probably wouldn't eat them so we went with curly fries instead. The turkey leg was roughly 5000 degrees. Seriously one of the hottest things I've had to handle.  We got a huge cup of fresh squeezed lemonade that we refilled once. And let me tell you how much our kid loves lemonade. When it got refilled the second time I didn't get a single sip. Donald said he barely got any too.  Luckily her mood improved drastically. We don't know what he deal was.  Looking back she was acting super hangry, but she'd eaten an entire sandwich not too long before we left. But I'd been pretty much non-stop hungry since Saturday morning so who knows? We were just happy the whininess was over.

After supper, Stella also had her first taste of cotton candy. Landon was so sweet to share a few bites with her. She liked it but surprisingly and thankfully didn't want much. 



She struck this adorable little pose all by herself. Love!


Teacups! Which everyone loved!





Family fun at the fair!




Blurry hands from waving.  The swings was their last ride together. We parked at different ends of the fairgrounds so we said our goodbyes to the Green Family.  


We walked to the inflatable tiger slide and me and her went down it twice. Then Stella and Donald checked out the animals in the petting zoo while I walked through one of the exhibit halls.  We walked out minutes before the fair closed.  

Our first fair experience last year and this one were definitely different, but still good and fun. Last  year it was cool and just the three of us went. I remember having on jeans and a light sweater. It also sprinkled/rained nearly the whole time we were there, but that meant it was a lot less crowded.  Last night was still so hot and more crowded with it being a Sunday night and Fall break for Cobb County is this week.  I did want to ride the pirate ship together as a family since Stella loved it so much last year but we ran out of tickets.  


We came home and even though it was super late, we had to shower. She hadn't bathed since Wednesday and I was in need of one since my last one was Saturday morning. I usually worry about her going to sleep after a bath/shower since it seems to wake her up now, but not last night. Donald dried her hair with the hair dryer and did her medication and had no trouble getting her to sleep.  I read for a few minutes and then went right to sleep myself.

This was a great weekend to spend time together and make fun memories. We marked another item off the bucket list-the fair. Now, if Fall temperatures will appear!

No comments:

Post a Comment