Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Easter 2016


This  year was our first year dyeing eggs for Easter. I wish I had bought a few dozen to color because she enjoyed it so much-the coloring and she loves hard boiled eggs like her Mama-just the whites, no yolk.





The few more natural looking dyed eggs are actually the brown eggs in the same coloring as the white eggs. They came out beautifully. Then Stella drew on them with silver and gold metallic markers.


Stella ended up having a few egg hunts. My parents had her the week(end) before Easter so I sent her with a few things I'd picked up for her basket there, along with her basket to go on a hunt at LollyPop's. 

She was supposed to participate in an egg hunt at school on Saturday but we arrived as it was ending not knowing what time it was actually supposed to start. Luckily she didn't see any eggs and it was sprinkling, so everyone just headed into the church for a little arts and crafts time. Crisis averted....temporarily. She ended up having a meltdown so we just left and she passed out in the car at 11:45. Clearly she was exhausted.

I can't believe I didn't get a picture of her Easter basket from me.  The Easter Bunny brought her these new bunny shoes, plus a new pink no-tangle hairbrush, a Frozen magic washcloth, a Frozen pink bracelet, Frozen nightlight for her bathroom, green garden gnome, pinwheel, windsock for outside, DIY Bunny necklace (which Daddy so lovingly assembled), two new books, Spring dress with bugs and flowers on it (see below) and a little bit of candy.

I saw on Pinterest a few years ago where you drop jelly beans in the toilet to show that the Easter Bunny had visited the house so I did this and showed Stella. She thought it was funny. I took a picture but it came out blurry so it wasn't worth posting.

Aren't these just the cutest? We spotted these together at Target and we both just had to have them. I managed to save them for the basket. I told her if she was good, maybe the Easter Bunny would find them and give them to her.


These pictures below are of Easter morning but she's wearing Saturday's clothes and hair. Basically she passed out in them the night before and when she woke up she immediately checked out the basket, then wanted to have the hunt at our house before we went to Aunt Bonnie's.  

Oh, the faces this kid makes!




Posing with her new Finding Nemo flag from Lolly, along with her pinwheel and gnome from me.













Easter mail from LollyPop arrived in her mailbox.





Now that the mail business is handled, she can move on to more important things. 
Like an Easter Egg Hunt!

Daddy hide the eggs and I photographed.













Then we hurried inside to get ready to go to Aunt Bonnie's for Easter. It rained most of the way down, but we were happy when we pulled up because the smell of her famous fried chicken perfumed the air.  We got to see Baby Maddux in his adorable Easter outfit.





Stella and Olivia hung out....









The littles had their own personal hunt.














Sweet Michael




Notice she's staying dry while I hold the basket!





Miss one-hand-in-my-pocket






We also got to meet Baby Ian for the first time.






Giving sweet kisses




Easter Sunday wasn't a pretty day outside, but it was a good one with 
lots of plastic eggs, good food, family and new babies.










No comments:

Post a Comment