Tuesday, October 13, 2015

North Georgia State Fair

We made our first trip to the fair Thursday October 1st. We were supposed to go with The Green's but the weather was pretty crappy and they decided to cancel. I thought we would cancel too, but Donald wanted to give it a shot.  Dustin Lynch was playing and we thought with the people there to see him and the weather keeping others away, maybe it wouldn't be too crowded. We were right.

It sprinkled the entire time we were at the fairground.  As we were walking up, Stella yelled, "I want to ride the fair!" Ha! Love it.

We decided to ride the sky lift first to check everything out from above. I also wanted to gauge how Stella did on it. 
This was the best picture we could get of the three of us. Unfortunately, the darkness, combined with movement and rain did not put a good picture in our favor.


I wanted to ride the ferris wheel, but we never got around to it. There's always next  year. And judging from how she did on her first time, we'll be back.




The biggest problem we ran into wasn't the rain, but finding a ride either we all could ride or one that wasn't too scary for Stella to ride by herself. 

We were able to all ride on the teacup ride.





This turned out to be the ride of the night. She rode it about four or five times. In the end, the guy just let it run and run.


Stella has recently just outgrown her cherry print rain boots and has now upgraded to the green froggy boots.  But they are a little too big so I didn't send her them for fear of them hurting her feet or loosing them on a ride.   So of course, she wants to jump and splash in all the puddles. She was soaked up to her knees. 



The picture quality on this picture is horrible, really. It was the same problem as the first photo on the sky lift, but a black light made this one even worse.  But it makes me so proud. Turns out, she's not really scared of rides. She loves riding with her hands up like she's on a real roller coaster. We all rode a ride together just before this and it twisted, twirled and spun in all different directions. As soon as it started she started moving her arms all around and I thought she was trying to climb up me because she was scared. Nope, she was just trying to get her arms up above her head. I had THE biggest smile on my face seeing her do this unprompted. And it did not leave my face all night. Seriously, so proud of my big girl. I cannot wait to sit in the front seat of a big coaster with our arms up like me and Daddy used to do.  



We ate before we came to the fair, but we couldn't leave without some sort of tasty fair food. So caramel apple it was.


I got to wear my new Frye boots. My feet were tired and sore when we left, but I really like them. I know it will take a few wearings for my feet to adjust. 



By the end of the night we were all wet and muddy. But this was such a fun night for us all. In the beginning I was worried we weren't going to be able to find stuff for her to ride, but we just went back and forth between rides. 
We didn't leave until a little after 10 pm and if I had walked much further Stella would have definitely fallen asleep in the Tula. 
We changed her in the truck, put a diaper on her and headed home. We both figured she'd pass out before we were out of the parking lot, but she made it all the way just snacking on Kix and sucking her thumb. Occasionally chatting about something.



I could go on and on and on about how fun this was for me. I was so happy seeing Stella so happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment