Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Apple Pickin'


I made this bucket list for us a few weeks ago and got to check off a few more this past weekend.There were plenty of adorable ones with images and different fonts on Pinterest, but none had exactly what I wanted. And since I'm not very tech savvy, I just hand wrote one.  It works all the same.  Shortly after I posted this on instagram, someone said, "Love your thinking on two pies." I didn't realize I had listed it twice, but when I wrote it I was thinking to myself, "Hmmmm....apple pie, pumpkin pie, pecan pie." So I guess I really should have written it three times. I scratched out the bottom pie and put "visit the fair". A few weeks later I noticed that I wrote "hayride" twice also. So I scratched it out too, but I don't have an option for it yet.


On Sunday, September 20th, we rode up to Ellijay to BJ Reece Orchard House for a fun Fall outing.  The Hancock's (minus Bob) joined us.  I bought a family fun pass off of Groupon. It included a pony ride, 1/4 peck of apples, cow milking, cow train ride, tractor ride, bounce pad and apple cannon.

Stella did really great on the ride up. That's really one of the longer times she's been awake in the car for a ride on purpose. We still plan mostly all of our trips around naptime and bedtime. 

Stella loved riding the pony. As long as I stayed close. I held her hand most of the way but she was ok with me just walking beside her in the end.




We skipped a few things such as the cow milking. We looked but the poor Mama was swarming with flies since her milk was just being sprayed in the hay and I knew Stella would flip out with them everywhere. 

We also skipped the apple cannon due to the loud noise factor. But I bet Donald would have sat there all day shooting apples if he could have. Maybe next year Stella can hand the apples up and help load the cannon while they aim and fire. I'm sure she'd love it if she got over it being loud.

She loved running around the orchard and plucking the apples from the trees. She even got the "twist and pull" concept down.






She ended up eating nearly two whole apples. I've never given them to her whole, but she really enjoyed them.



How cute are these girls?  They both really love eating the apples straight off the tree/ground.




I was aiming for Mom of the Year that day. I completely forgot about putting sunscreen on Stella. See those rosy cheeks? Her arms were pink too, but luckily it went away by the next morning. 



Stella rode in my lap on the cow train ride and Sophie sat next to us.  Behind us sat Donald and Britany with Lily in her lap. This was pretty bumpy and very dusty but the kids seemed to enjoy. 


We picked mostly red (not sure what kind) apples in the orchard and picked up a few green ones, Granny Smith we think on the way back up to the house. We also bought a 1/2 peck each of Granny Smith and Stayman Winesap.  Donald grabbed an apple pie, 2 peach and 2 apple fried pies and 2 apple fritters. I got a gallon of cider and Stella swiped a little apple cider cup.


She seemed to be pretty wiped out after a day of walking and riding in the sun so I grabbed a wagon and pulled her around the orchard house and back to our car. 


I took tons of great pictures on my actual camera and I combined those with these cell shots and made a photo book for Stella. This is something I love to do and will definitely continue to do each Fall for us.


No comments:

Post a Comment