Saturday, July 19, 2014

Week in Pictures: June 30-July 6

Monday:

You didn't really feel like napping today. I finally got you down after lunch and you slept, but that meant you were up late. The plus side was we played outside in the front yard and were able to catch fireflies when you normally would have been getting ready for bed.

You loved the Aprium for dessert. 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday:

We went to storytime at the library and Landon and Tiffany met us there. You got to play with a tambourine and a few other musical instruments and LOVED it. 
We went to the park with Landon but you didn't feel much like playing. It was naptime and you were sleepy. We packed up and I swung by Publix to grab a few things. You fell asleep in no time. 

In the afternoon we went swimming. It was so hot out and the water felt fabulous.  

I started a new picture project-100 days of happy. This was day 1, a Caprese salad. 


You picked the first tomato from your Tom Thumb plant. 



We went to Smyrna Food Trucks Tuesdays for dinner.  You found a little muddy spot in the lawn and ran over towards it. Of course, I chased after you and you thought it was a game. I'd have to run after you, scoop you up and run back with you to the picnic blanket. You sneaking back over there continued all night.  You found a little girl who was kicking a ball around and wanted to be friends with her. You stole her ball and would walk around with it, but then you hand it back. She was very good with you and sweet. You went back a few times to play with her. After you trekked through the mud, of course.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Wednesday: 

You seem to be back to fighting me for naps and bedtime a little bit. I did get you to sleep in the Tula. 





Daddy left early to fly to Austin, Tx. We visited two churches for Mother's Morning Out. I think you'll really enjoy going and I'm honestly looking forward to some alone time to do what I can't do when you're around or to do nothing at all. Initially I felt bad because neither Grammy or Nini did this sort of thing, but then reminded myself that they had help from family and I don't have that luxury.

You did the strangest thing this afternoon. We were in your room playing and you got upset about something out of the blue. You began rolled around and flinging yourself all over the floor screaming and crying. I've never seen you do that before. You did it for a few minutes then stopped.

Kristi stopped by for a little bit since she was in town for an interview. Then JP stopped by to drop of Jay for us to watch while her and Justin went out of town for the 4th. 

After they left, we picked our fruits and veggies We chased lightening bugs around the yard while you ran through the sprinkler at 8 o'clock at night. 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thursday:


Now that you've discovered how to climb up in things, it's a favorite pastime now. You love getting up here and playing with your garden toys. 



We also have to sit here and on the bench out front at least once a day 





B tried to get up and run off when you crawled in with him but I made him stay. He loved getting petted. You loved having Jay at the house this week. He'd let you pet him and kiss him. One time you did something and I said, "Yay, high five !" You turned around and did it, but then looked to the dogs to high five them. The funny thing is, Jay can sit and will let you high five him.


Now that you've discovered the breeze, you like to lift your arms up and let it surround you. So cute. 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday:
We went up to Mulligans to watch the Independence  Day parade. You really enjoyed yourself. 




























As the fire trucks were passing, a fireman walked up and said, "Hi pretty girl, I like your shirt." You looked down, grabbed your skirt and lifted it at him. He gave me a look like he couldn't believe what you just did, smiled and walked away. Daddy and I both burst into laughter and smiled at him as we shook our heads. I yelled back, "at least you have a great story to tell everyone."


This is one of my favorite photos of you.


After the parade and lunch at Mulligans we went over to Chris and Veronica's to grill out. We had dinner in their deck & you insisted in eating the corn you dropped on it like a dog. Nice baby, way to impress! 
We'd hoped you would nap at their house so we could take you to see some fireworks, but you were so difficult in the afternoon and early evening. You absolutely refused to even think about closing your eyes and then you just got to be impossible. Several times I thought we should just leave, but we stuck it out. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saturday: 
We picked our fruits and veggies mid morning while the garden was still shaded.




That afternoon you helped water your tomato plant. 



I saw this onesie years ago at Love Street and really wanted to buy it for my unborn child. I resisted somehow and ended up getting you one anyways. I was so excited to put you in it!



That evening, Daddy had a bocce game, so we went up to Siracusa's to watch. Baby Weston was there and you mostly either tried to squish, step on or kick him (all accidentally of course) or steal his bottle (purely planned out), so we had to stay a distance from him. You played on the back of Daddy's truck and also played peek-a-boo with me by hiding behind a tree. 




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Sunday: 

We took you, B and Jay for a walk along Nickajack Creek. You rode on my back for the trip down and then we let you all play. You loved it and screamed when we had to leave. You immediately thought you were a pro at walking in the rocks. Not so much though.




We let you walk for a bit, then I out you on my back where you fell asleep. 



Later on you took your second nap. I love how you've got your little butt up in the air.



And just like most afternoons, you awoke screaming but instantly passed back out on me for another hour or so. 



Daddy and you were on the porch. He had been outside but came in and latched the door. He was straightening up or something and started looking for you. You were at the bottom of the stairs!
He thinks the door must not have latched all the way and you opened it, held into the potting table and let yourself down the stairs. Thank goodness we've practiced going up and down them so many times.

We played outside and Daddy sprayed me and you with the hose. You screamed with excitement every time he got you with the water.

We have a new neighbor next door. I've always loved this view of the barn and thought it was especially pretty with the sun setting.



New this week:

*You started wearing my pony tail holders as bracelets. You put them all the way up your arm.
*You can find a ladybug in books
*You feel it is truly necessary to wave at all cars that pass by.
*If I can't get you to finish your meal, I can put your food on a fork and you'll most likely eat it. You want to put it in your mouth. Sometimes though, you pull the food  off of the fork and put it in your own mouth. You even try to poke your food with the fork yourself. You have pretty good aim with the utensils.
*You've discovered you can push your walker all over the house. You turn corners and ram it into the walls. You get pretty crazy with it.
*You LOVE sitting on the couch and chair with us. I can usually leave you alone and you are content just sitting there.
*You try more and more each day to put on your shoes and clothes. You love getting our undies, shirts or shorts and draping them over your head or shoulders.
*Whenever I sneeze, you tend to make fun of me. You'll shake your head and spit with your mouth and then laugh at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment