Monday, July 21, 2014

Week in Pictures: July 7-13

Monday: 

We both woke up late this morning, 9:30 actually. So nice to sleep in with you. 

This was Jay's last day with us. You were sad to see him go back home since he lets you pet and lay all over him.


Monday began with you sitting at your highchair pointing to the fridge. Then you started waving and kissing at it. Finally I figured out that you were pointing to Uncle Mikey and Aunt Jessica. I took their photo down and you wanted to hug it, kiss it and squeeze it. You did this everyday for the week. I guess I'm going to have to laminate the photo so you won't ruin it. 



I moved the picture down low on the fridge so you could kiss them. You are smooching in their Halloween photo from when they dresses up like Woody and Bo Peep from A Toy Story.



For lunch , we ate outside on the porch. I put you in the chair to let you eat.  You kept pushing away from the table with your arms and legs. Finally you pushed so hard that you started going backwards. The storage bin caught you so you were  back on just the two back legs. You had this crazy, wide-eyed look about you. Wonder if you'll do that again?

We went swimming in the afternoon and laid on the blanket in the shade. 


You are slowly mastering the steps. 






You did one of the sweetest things ever. You walked up, leaned over and kissed me on my forehead. My heart nearly burst! Then you kissed my nose here. 




You were in a very kissy mood. You gave me a big kiss on the glider, then while I was feeding you hummus, you decided it was a good time to kiss me. It was all over your mouth which meant it was all over my lips after the kiss . 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday:

I took us down to The Sweet Auburn Curb Market to walk around and have lunch. I ordered is a delicious crepe, but you didn't want anything to do with it. You were very concerned with waving at everyone. I let you push the stroller for a bit because you did not want to ride. 



Afterwards. We met Shana and her daughters at LottaFruta. I went to this place a few weeks before having you and loved it. They have delicious fruit cups with an amazing coconut cream.  You enjoyed the fresh fruit and the cream as I suspected.



You had fun playing with Haley.







We arrived home to find the AC out... Again for the millionth time. So I put our swimsuits on and we headed for the pool. There was a nice breeze which made it pleasant out in the shade, especially considering we were still wet from the pool.  You got crazy and started rolling around like B in the grass.  

Today, you are 13 months. You've already grown half an inch and gained  a pound from your birthday!











:







~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wednesday:

Since the air was out, we installed the window unit in the living room and moved the mattress to the floor and "camped" out. You love it because you can bounce all around and climb onto the couch easily. I love it because I don't have to worry about you rolling off the bed in the morning when I'm up a little earlier than you getting ready so I can take you to MMO (like this morning.)






Look at that hair !



I took you to MMO and walked you inside. We stopped to smell the sunflowers outside. You immediately got excited and started playing with the other kids. Another little girl started crying for her mommy and it got me a little upset. You were so content so I snuck out. I cried on the way to the car, in the car and in the way to Rev Coffee. I ordered a coffee and sat there thinking about you. It was so hard to leave you, I guess because I didn't have to leave you. I tried to conceal my weepiness in Rev, but finally left because I don't think I was doing a good job. Plus, I had to run errands. You were crying when I picked you back up. Apparently it was over a toy you and another little boy wanted. You were so happy to see me. Ms. Margie said you cried for a good bit that morning but did better after lunch. 

We barely made it around the block before you passed out in the car. I took you out and laid you down on the bed in the living room to let you nap since it was hot in your room. I ate lunch as quiet as possible in the kitchen. I just stood up at the counter reading and magazine and eating.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thursday:

I found these adorable bubblegum pink canvas peep-toe espadrilles at Goodwill on Wednesday. I couldn't find a size on them, but they looked really big when I got them. Turns out they barely fit, especially the left one. Oh well, they were cheap and atleast I got a picture of you in them.


We went over to Landon's so y'all could play for a little while. Y'all really love playing in the train tunnel together. 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday:

This was your outfit for your 2nd day of MMO. I cannot believe I didn't snap a picture of your first outfit!
You were fine walking in the building (had to sniff the sunflowers again), but as soon as we walked inside the room, you started reaching up for me and going "Uh-huh, uh-huh" when you are unsure. This time it was a little more difficult for me to leave. I handed you off after saying goodbye and walked out. I cried again on the way to the car. 
When I returned you were rocking in the glider by yourself with no pants on. You were happy and laughing. You'd had two yucky diapers and some had gotten on your pants, that's why you were just in your shirt and shoes.




Here we are just cuddling together in the bed in the living room.




Friday night we went over to Tiffany and Daniel's to babysit Landon so they could have a nice date. 
We ordered Jim 'n' Nicks for dinner. It was delicious and you loved the ham and cheese muffins as suspected.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saturday:

Daddy watched you so Tiffany and I could go have lunch and take a canvas painting class. He took you swimming and then y'all picked berries. After your nap he brought you over to Landon's so y'all could play. 

Scared of what will come of our canvases.......





Everyone in class followed the instructor as far as the colors go, but I decided to go another route. Both look good but I'm happy that mine was different from everyone else's.





Since y'all were having fun and it was nearing supper time, we ordered pizza and had dinner at their house. We ended up spending 3-4 days in a row with Landon, and naturally you picked up a habit or two of his-twirling. You like to spin around in circles and sometimes you even plop yourself down on the floor. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sunday:

I gave you some plastic bead necklaces and bracelets to play with. You loved them. I'm so glad I held on to them instead of sending them to Goodwill like I almost did.  You even wanted Mommy to look pretty since you kept trying to drape them over my neck all day. 

This isn't the best picture (it looks like you are angrily charging at me), but you would not be still.



After your bath tonight, you ran naked into the living room and started twirling around in circles and trying to jump on the front door rug. You always run around after a bath, but I've never seen you act this way before. Daddy and I both shook our heads at you and commented in how you were acting like B does after his bath. It was as though you'd been given a shot of epinephrine or something. You were going totally berserk and I loved it. We could not stop laughing at you over how much you were enjoying yourself.

Once you calmed down a bit, I tried brushing your teeth. You didn't let that happen. I started inspecting your mouth and discovered another new tooth-a molar on the top left side. I also spotted two camel humps on either side of your bottom jaw-a molar on each side.  You poor thing. No wonder you haven't slept a solid's night sleep in months. 


New this week:
*You are able to find the moon and a ball in most books. 

No comments:

Post a Comment