Sunday, May 18, 2014

Week in Pictures May 12-18

I have taken a ton of photos this week. Some weeks I may snap 2 or 3, other weeks I just can't stop. That was this week. 

Monday we had the Garden Club plant auction and social.  I snapped these two goofing off.  Stella is really into playing with her belly and belly button and likes to find yours. 







We went shopping at Goodwill. I was attempting to find her some sandals and play clothes , pj's and onesies. I didn't find anything for her, but I got a few "new" shirts. 

We went to K-mart afterwards and found just what I was looking for. 3 pairs of shorts and 3 shirts. All interchangable and 2 for $5. Plus the cutest pair of sandals. 



As you can see, our strawberry crop is good. Stella loves all berries and we have a ton of blooms on our blackberry bushes and bunches of little green blueberries ripening. I hope that by her being able to pick something and eat it fresh from the garden, she'll have a healthy and varied appetite. I'm also hoping she really, really loves tomatoes because I planted eight of them and Donald can't stand them. All different shapes and colors to peak her interest. 


As I picked these strawberries, I'd chuck the yucky ones aside. We enjoyed these, then 30 or so minutes later I see her walking around the yard, digging through the grass to eat the disposed ones. Nice!


Thursday we went to Costco. I had not been in a while so we really had to stock up. It was quite chilly out. We had on jeans and jackets. Crazy Spring weather. At least we were prepared for the refrigerated section of the store. 

We got back and I put Stella in her bouncy toy to play so I could put things away. I threw some puffs in the cup and she bounced like crazy and knocked some out. Later, after I got her out, she decided to crawl underneath and eat the leftovers. 




At the beginning of the week she picked up food from the floor. I assumed she was going to put it in her mouth. Instead, she walked over to the cabinet the trashcan is in , opened it and threw it over the top. I was shocked and excited. I asked her to pick something else up to throw away and she did. Later that night we practiced putting her toys away in the bedroom. She did pretty good helping me. 

She's been fighting naps and bedtime hard this week. Well, not necessarily the actual nap, just going down for it. She's actually slept a lot this week, it's just a struggle to get her to do so.


Well, she's truly discovered the doggy door on the porch. If I let her she would follow Bandit out of it. It would be bad since there's three steps and concrete at the bottom. I have to keep the dog gate up on the back door if I leave it open. 



Our neighbor's puppy, Sharpie is finally warming up to us. Stella loves him. He runs up to the fence and barks and she squeals in delight and runs to the fence to greet him.



Right after this was taken, Stella decided even though it was very windy and chilly out that it was an appropriate time to crawl in the pool. With her clothes and shoes on. 

This kid. She's actually crouching down looking for strawberries. 



Yesterday we worked outside. I just can't get over her cuteness in these overalls.  Ugh, love them.








She's learning to pet and pat B gently instead of banging on him.


But then she goes and kicks him. It wasn't hard, but definitely a kicking motion.



Daddy's little helper.



She was so excited to pick up the heavy measuring tape.



My little strawberry hunter is at it again.


She's actually brushing the leaves aside to find them. Guess she does watch everything I do.


Fresh from the garden.




She smelled delicious after this. Just like a strawberry.


This is the box the pool came in. I showed her how to crawl through it. I think she would have really enjoyed it more, but we left it outside and it rained without our knowing. 





New this week:

*You didn't sleep at all Sunday night. Monday afternoon I noticed your first top tooth (#3) peeking through your gums.  Poor thing.
*I always try to point out airplanes/helicopters when they fly overhead. We heard an airplane this week and it was flying low. You saw it and pointed to it.
*You are still such a big sharer. You want to share food, toys, stuff that isn't even yours. The other day you walked up, opened my fingers, placed Sophie in them and shut them and smiled. Warmed my heart.
*You like to follow Daddy out the front door in the morning and wave. You can make it over the threshold on the front and back porch very good now. You still need a little help with the back porch, but you can walk out the front door without holding on.
*I brought one of my Cabbage Patch Kid dolls up here last week. You LOVE her! You squeeze her tight, along with all of your other babies, animals and me. You even grunt when you do it. It's hilarious and I love your so passionate about hugging. You also patted me a lot on the back yesterday and this morning while hugging, as if to say, "Keep up the good work Momma."
*Daddy and I folded the sheets one night and threw you in the sheet and swung you back and forth like a hammock. Then we threw you into the bed and you laughed and laughed. 
*You can reach the bottom row of books on your bookshelf. All you want to do is walk around picking them out, bring them to us and have us read them to you.  We've read soo much this week. You love flipping the pages and opening the Peek-A-Boo flaps all by yourself. Also, any books that have animals or babies on the pages, you want to kiss them. Sometimes you kiss every page, other times you're more selective. It's the cutest seeing you purse your lips and make a smacking noise.
*Last night you fought so hard to go to sleep. I finally gave up and just let you mosey around while we ate supper. When you finally did go back down, you ran your fingers through your hair over and over again. I guess it's because I've done this since you were a little baby. Nina said she used to suck her left thumb (like you) and twist her hair with her right hand.  You also notice when a clip or bow is in your hair and you've been pulling them out. You haven't bothered with a ponytail holder yet.
*Today you took your box of books that is shaped like a barn and pushed it around the rug in your room while making a sort of  "Vroom" noise.  
*Daddy has been showing you how to get off the couch, recliner and bed feet first. You are picking up on it good.  I'm trying to show you how to properly crawl up and back down the stairs. Thank goodness we don't have any stairs inside the house or at the grandparent's house to worry about. The 4 on the front steps and 3 on the back are enough. Just yesterday you snuck away from Daddy while I was putting the lasagna in the oven and you were all the way at the top of the steps pushing the door open.
*You are getting faster and faster each day when you try to run. You sneak away from me like you did when all you could do was crawl. You look back at me while you do it, giggling like mad.
*You were playing in the garden at the beginning of the week and I knew there were ants near so I picked you up and moved you to another part. I walked away to get my gloves or watering can and you started screaming. I run over and your hand is covered in ants. They got you good. I felt so bad because I was trying to not let this happen but I ended up setting you down next to an even bigger but hidden bed.  After a few minutes though, they didn't seem to bother you. 
*I'm sort of trying EC with you. I'm so tired of fighting and I mean truly fighting with you at each and every single diaper change. I thought we'd give this a try. I bought a potty seat for the toilet on Thursday. We've definitely had more misses than hits the past few days.  I read to you and we sing and just sit there trying to get you used to it, but nothing happens.  Just tonight I noticed you crouching and grunting like you were pooping. I scooped you up and put you on the potty and you actually pooped in it. I was so excited because that's the first time you had done anything in the toilet.  Afterwards, I was getting a diaper to put on you and you walked into the kitchen. I walked in, but kept going towards the laundry room. Daddy all of a sudden goes, "Ewww. Your daughter just pooped in the kitchen." Whoops.  Then you walked through it. I just laughed and laughed. You got a bath after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment