Sunday, March 16, 2014

Consignment finds #1

Anyone who knows me, knows that I love second hand things.   Probably more than half of my closet and house are full of items from Goodwill, yard sales, consignment and antique shops and the like.  It's Spring and around metro Atlanta, that means Consignment time.  They are usually held twice a year, once in the Spring and again in the Fall. Now's the time to stock up on summer attire and beach stuff and in August, it's time to stock up on back to school clothes and winter gear.  

Here's what I scored for Stella last Friday at Lil' Lambs Closet at Marietta FUMC.


grey & white polka dot cupcake shirt-$1.50
Children's Place skinny jeans-$3.00
white shirt & denim capris-$4.00
Gymboree flower shirt & coral skirt-$6.00

*Side note: can I get the skinny jeans and polka dot shirt in my size please? Too cute!


Carters green & white polka dot & flowers dress & bloomers-$4.00
tulip nightgown (her first nightgown!)-$3.00
floral romper-$2.00
Carters white w/ pink trim knit cardigan-$4.00
Gap jeans with flowers-$4.00


Melissa & Doug wooden frog pull along-$8.00
knit frog backpack-$4.00
Overton's pink & yellow life vest (up to 30lb)-$12.00
Yeah, I have a slight addiction to anything with frogs on it.  It's so cute and gender neutral so I can't resist.


Robeez lollipop softsole shoes-$8.00. They were listed as never been worn, but this was a bit fat lie. They are still in good condition, but you could clearly see their wear.  She'll probably get to use these this fall/winter.  

red & white polka dot w/ green trim hat-$2.00

I also got a gallon sized plastic bag with 15 pairs of 12-24 month socks in it for $7.00.  Ok three things. 1. Yes, she's in 12-24 month socks. Stella has such a big foot!  2. Why are socks soooo expensive? Not the ones from here, obviously that was a great, great deal. But the ones from the store. I am not paying $8.00 for 2 pairs of socks. Ridiculous. 3. Why is it nearly impossible to find solid color socks?  Clearly I have a lot of frustrations towards socks.

I also got 4 glass plates with different colored baby chicks on them for $8.00. They came with the plate hangers and are adorable. I'm hoping to use them either in the kitchen or the living room grouped together.  They are super thick = super heavy.

I'm going to two more consignment sales this upcoming Friday. She doesn't' really need much stuff, but I love to look and it doesn't hurt to find things for the future. 




No comments:

Post a Comment