Monday, November 18, 2013

Getting our little one Baptized

Two weekends ago, we went down to South Georgia for Stella's Baptism. Friday night we celebrated Donald's oldest brother, Daniel and his 39th (gasp) birthday. It was at (drumroll please.....) El Vaquero.  I truly believe this place has such a booming business due to The Bryan Family.  Donald's parents, Daniel, his girlfriend, Jaycie and their friends meet her every, yes EVERY Wednesday night for supper.  When we lived in Sylvester, this was the only Mexican restaurant I ate at. And many other Bryan family members frequent this tasty establishment quite often.  

Jaycie is a Spanish teacher and had the table decorated with these cute sombreros. 



As you can see here, Stella had too much tequila gotten sleepy 
and passed out in Daddy's arms.


Saturday we hung out at Mama and Daddy's all day. The weather was perfect to hang out on the lawn and cheer on UGA.




The Baptism was at the church where most of my family attended and where Donald grew up going to. We had to be up bright dark and early Sunday morning: 6 o'clock am!  This was the earliest we'd had to get up as a family since becoming a party of 3 and let me tell you, it was difficult.  We had to be at the church for mass at 8:30 am and we had a 45 min drive.  I'm so happy we don't have this type of time deadline a lot.  It turned out great. She did great because she LOVES the water.  The weather was wonderful ( a bit warm for the season but very nice) and the company was even better.

I snapped this right before we walked into the church.


Father Stanton, The Godfather, Uncle Daniel, us and The fairy Godmother, Aunt Ginger.



As you can see, she was very content just playing in the water.


 She absolutely didn't mind water being poured over her head. I don't think she would have minded actually taking a bath in it.





So here we have my Aunt Ann Marie, my grandpa, my Nina, my parents: Grammy and Grampy, my brother, Michael and his girlfriend, Jessica.


Stella and her Great Grandparents (my mom's father and my dad's mother).


Donald's family: middle brother Paul and his wife, Ginger and their children, Emily, Asher and Ivy, Daniel and Donald's parents: Nini and Grandaddy



Stella was over pictures at this point, but this was the first she fussed. Donald's oldest brother, Daniel, Aunt Janet, cousins Monica and Becky and Aunt Bonnie 


Stella makes Nina a first time Great Grandmother


Our baptized little angel


Grandpa and Stella


Ann Marie and Stella


Papa and Mema weren't able to make it, so we visited them instead.



Later on Sunday night, Stella got to meet Stacy, Kris and Kabe. I haven't seen them in about 2 1/2 years since they were in Japan until June. I'm so happy we could get together.


Here are better details of Stella's gown



Our friend, Kim got Stella this bracelet and I love putting it on her at special times.


Thanks to Stacy for the beautiful necklace.  


Monday we went back out to my parents to get Bandit.  While we were waiting for it to get dark (Stella sleeps great at night), Daddy took Stella for a ride on the lawnmower. I expected her to be startled when he cranked it up, but she didn't care. They rode around for about 5 minutes or so. I guess when she gets a little older, he'll have her on the John Deere. 


It was such a beautiful weekend and we were thrilled to be surrounded by family and friends for our daughter's special occasion. 


No comments:

Post a Comment