Tuesday, November 26, 2013

3rd anniversary....Skyview Atlanta

I'm a month late at posting this, but wanted to include it since the ferris wheel is Atlanta's newest attraction.

Wednesday, October 23rd, Donald and I celebrated three years of marriage. This year was noticeably different from the past two, since we are now parents.  I fixed a tasty French inspired meal of Dijon chicken over rice pilaf and green beans amandine. The Dijon chicken was the first recipe in such a very long time that I actually followed almost to a tee.  I usually tweak recipes to our liking (isn't that what it's all about when you're the cook?) or substitute other things when I don't have a particular item.  

This day turned out to be the coldest day/night of the season. It was super windy and we were a bit concerned about being 20 stories high, but it turned out to just fine.  Stella wasn't feeling too great and luckily she fell asleep on the car ride down.  We parked and I wrapped her up warm and cozy in my Mei Tai carrier and we walked towards Skyview.








The picture quality here is pretty crappy (cell phone & flash doesn't cooperate always), but I love it.  I love that Stella's little head is peek-a-booing in from the bottom.  
I feel as though D and I look so visibly happy. 
We are happy. Parenthood is treating us well.


Stella mostly slept throughout our little date since she wasn't feeling good, but occasionally would pop her head up and look around like below.


From our gondola (which has AC or heat depending on the temperature-Sweet!), we could see the rings at Centennial Olympic Park.  We walked over for a bit after our ride was finished and I actually wanted to walk around the park, but....it was night and I honestly didn't know if it would have been a good idea.  It's one thing to put just me and D at risk, but I didn't want to take the chance having Stella with us. I hate to say that about the city, but stuff happens all the time.  Really, it could happen anywhere, city or not.   
If it had been the day, I wouldn't have thought twice about it.




This is a shot of the Georgia Aquarium. D and I have only been once and it truly wasn't the greatest experience. But, it wasn't long after it opened and it was a Sunday.  I say it wasn't a good experience because the crowds were insane. We couldn't see anything. Actually, that's a lie. We got to see a Beluga whale's boy parts. Insert loud "GASP!"  
Apparently we picked Beluga Whale mating season to visit the aquarium.  I'd like to go back during the week and when school is in session and when Stella is a little older. We went to the Zoo Atlanta in September. Stella has developed quite the love for animals (ie: our dog, Bandit) and although I think she enjoyed it, she obviously didn't fully grasp the idea of 
"Oh yay, being at the zoo surrounded by wildlife is awesome!"


We saw a small group of people standing around the fountain of rings holding coffees and daring each other to run into the water.  I developed a craving for coffee while I was preggers with Stella and it has stuck. Since I decided to leave my jacket in the car (turns out, not a great idea on the coldest night of the season, but I thought I'd be too warm with Stella wrapped up against me), I was cold and really wanted a vanilla latte. Now, I knew there was a coffee house just across the park that I really wanted to go sit at and warm up in, but several factors swayed us otherwise.  1. Stella wasn't herself and consequently was passed out 2. It was late and a school night (hehe). 3. No jacket to walk across the park in.  4. Probably would have been approached by half a dozen "homeless" people on the short walk over and well...you know.  So instead, we headed back to the house.  I have the cutest journal a friend gave us before we married and I designated it to be our "Anniversary Journal." Each year, I document what we did that year to celebrate. I think it will be fun to look back over it as the years pass and it will be a wonderful keepsake for our child(ren). 


No comments:

Post a Comment