Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Mother's Day Weekend

On Wednesday, May 10th, St. Thomas held a Mother's Day tea. I'd worked out that morning and gotten all sweaty so I showered, threw on something nice, put my hair in a top knot and headed to school. I arrived to find a special place setting-a teapot placemat with hand painted flowers and a cute poem printed on it, plus a flower pot with finger print flowers. 


The different grades each learned select songs. Stella's grade learned one song that was the same tune as "You are my sunshine" and the other was to the tune of "B-I-N-G-O."  Mrs. Melissa gave the students explicit instructions not to sing the songs at home until after they did their Mother's Day tea performance, but Stella gave me a special preview about a week or two in advance. I got it on video on my phone and I'm happy, because the actual video from her school was terrible quality.


This little monster here wouldn't cooperate and take a picture with me like the other kids did with their mothers. I even tried the "But Mommy got dressed up especially for you and this event. Pleasssseeeee." Nope.  This is what I got instead.


My Mother's Day weekend started out with a ladies night at Ponce City Market. Tiffany rode with me and Britany, Kim, Melissa and Laura joined us. 


I had ramen and then a King of Pops drink. 



The intention was to have drinks, chat, have dinner then make our way up to Skyline Park. But the weather was iffy all day. Then we got inside at a wine bar and talked. A lot. Then we had dinner and talked more. No one really knew if it had rained outside and no one wanted to get up to go check. Plus, we also didn't want to pay the $10 each then get up top and it start to rain. So we just chatted outside for a while before dispersing to our vehicles.



























































No comments:

Post a Comment