Saturday, May 20, 2017

BG for GB


Donald and I talked last week and decided to surprise Stella on her last day of school with tickets to the Braves game (BG) for her good behavior (GB) and excellent work at school. 

This would be our first family trip to SunTrust Park. Daddy called after work to tell her what we were doing. 

Donald sent me the parking pass and since it was over near Applebees, I decided to bring the Tula because I knew that would be a haul for Stella, especially after field day earlier.

I haven't worn her in quite a while so this was a special moment for me. She enjoyed it too.  

We met Daddy at Yard House where he had accidentally ran into JP and Lauren. We were only there for a few minutes and walked out and over to where a pep rally of sorts was happening. The drum line was out and the Home Depot tools. Stella got all upset when they walked away and down under The Battery and she didn't get to say hello to them. This was upset number 2 or 3 since getting in the car to go to the game. Foreshadowing much?!

 We decided supper would be a good idea so---Antico. The line had been out the door the entire time Donald was sitting outside at Yard House, but we had perfect timing. We walked in and directly up to the cashier to order. We then moved over to the right directly in front of the glass where the guy making the pizzas stood. We got to watch him make about 5 pizzas, including ours and sample a huge chunk of fresh mozzarella. We watched our pizza go in to the oven and straight into the box and into our hands. I had Stella on my left hip the entire time and all of this took approximately 5 minutes. Amazing. Stella really enjoyed watching this process too. 

We sat down here in The Battery next to the green space just outside of the stadium and dined on our pizza. By dined, I mean, I stood next to Stella holding up a slice up to her mouth while she took chunks out of it. After eating that she took off to run and play in the AstroTurf. Then, I was able feed myself. She came back over later to finish the last slice of pizza with me.




Stella made quick friends and gifted one of her tomahawks to this little girl. Stella had her arm to chop with.


We entered the stadium and went over to Hope and Will's sandlot. Stella did the timed base run a few times and each time she got quicker and quicker. We pointed out the zip line above and told her she could ride. There was no one in line so we were happy about that. But then we saw the weight requirements and reality set in. She says, "What do I have to do?" I say, "Gain 7 more pounds." Of course she didn't get my joke so we had to tell her she wasn't big enough to ride. Then the "But I am big enough, I'm almost 4" talk got brought up. Again, she couldn't ride. It was a bit heartbreaking. She was so excited. Then she was so upset. Really upset. Tears poured from her...and anger. Ugh, moving on.....

We found our seats in section 315.












Bathroom selfie!



Stella wanted to walk around so we did for a while. Then she was hungry. We smelled something good and spotted a Waffle House. She said she wanted a waffle. And boy did she. She ate the entire thing all by herself. Like we didn't even get offered a bite.  As we say sometimes about her, "I woofed it down!" 

Bobble head Phil Nekro's head was bouncing all over the place when we first spotted him and she wanted a picture.


While taking it, a mom tapped me on the shoulder and basically shoved me up there next to Phil's giant head and the rest of my family. It was nice to have someone just offer to do that. I didn't have to hunt someone down and got a proper picture that doesn't include my arm it in from stretching it out to fit everyone/thing in the frame.


This tomahawk is made from Legos!




Stella was getting sleepy so we decided to go. It had been a very busy day. So I threw her on my back again to make the trek to the car. But then she spotted the lighted fountains. 
And I thought to myself, "She does need a bath since she got all hot and sweaty at field day."

We opted for a shower instead.... 






She ran into the fountains and squealed with delight. It was late, she was tired, hell I was tired, but you only get one first introduction to a new ballpark and this one was a good one. 

She played for 10-15 minutes and then we began the walk back to the car. She was cold and her shoes kept slipping off with her wet feet so Donald took her skirt off and onto my back she went. We stripped her down to her panties when we arrived at the car and she conked out about halfway home, just after dropping Daddy off at his truck in Smyrna Market Village.

By the time we got home I was so tired. Earlier that day, I'd volunteered at field day. As a result, I'd been hot and sweaty and on my feet pretty much the whole day. I decided to check my phone for how far I'd walked. It seemed like I'd walked more than that, but I guess I did do a lot of just mostly standing at field day. Needless to say, it didn't take long for me to pass out after my shower.



I posted this the next morning on Instagram with photos from the night: 
Let me set the record straight-last night was good & memorable, but not the best night ever. Stella was in full-on Gemini mode alternating between being happy as a lark to bouts of whininess & super emotional tears of frustration. Between the excitement of #suntrustpark, being exhausted from a hot morning of field day & just being a kid, things got rough a few times. Also didn't help that we told her she could ride the zip line not knowing she needed to weigh 7 more pounds (I've noticed most weight requirements to wear a harness was 30 lbs, so wth?!). We had to threaten her to take a proper picture with me. But we only have one opportunity to give our ⭐️ a great & memorable childhood so we made it work. She ate nearly two slices of Antico 🍕, downed an ENTIRE waffle from the in-house Waffle House (apparently she needed to carb-load after field day) & her bath consisted of running through the fountains in #thebattery. ⭐️❤⚾

No comments:

Post a Comment