Wednesday, January 25, 2017

JAMCO Company Christmas Party 2016

This year the party was on Saturday, December 17. My parents came up that morning to watch Stella for us. Donald headed over to Buckhead early to hang with everyone from work while I stayed back and visited with my parents for a bit. When I got ready to leave, I input the address into my phone and immediately freaked out when I saw this.  For some reason, my phone defaulted to walking instead of driving which it's never done and it took me a while to figure that out. I was actually thinking "Nope, not even. Looks like Donald will be going all by himself this  year." 
Thankfully I made it to the hotel in about 30 minutes and was able to avoid the last-weekend-before-Christmas traffic on Peachtree too.


I went with black this year for my dress which is something I hardly do. I know for most, black is safe, easy and their go-to, but for me it's typically a last resort.  I just LOVE color so much and I like to be different. But I found this adorable dress on clearance at Target. I did have it taken in some which cost, obviously, but I have a little black dress that I can wear for a while that was under $50 with alterations.  And I think we look pretty damn good!


The girls had a tripod for their phones which even came with a remote. We basically spent most of the evening turning back drinks and taking an insane amount of photos.




The reddish-pinkish lips were the theme for the night with us gorgeous ladies.




Donald got a hold of someone's phone and proceeded to take about 50 "confused/what do I do with this contraption" photos. I joined him on some.




I had a Dirty Dancing fantasy fulfilled when Kait's boyfriend, Brian took me out onto the dance floor for a song or two. He's really tall and a really good dancer.  I was a bit drunk, but he led really well and it just made my night. It was so much fun. 

At some point in the night Brian and Ally were going to take shots when I walked up. They asked me to join but I said I needed something girly, fruity and sweet, not whatever they were drinking-which turned out to be whiskey.  Ally says to me, "Girl, I got you" and turns to the bartender. I couldn't hear what she said but when she turned around my shot looked exactly like theirs. I put it up to my nose and said something like "This isn't girly and fruity. It smells like yours." Then she said, "Yep!" then basically poured the thing down my throat. It burned my throat and my stomach felt like it was on fire. And the taste? Ohhhh was it bad. So bad. I felt the need to puke for a while and then Donald pulled me out onto the dance floor. I told him "I cannot guarantee you that I will not throw up all over you or this floor." I just kept burping and had to cover my mouth a few times for fear that I would spew, but I held it down and after 15 minutes or so, I was ok. But I let Brian and Ally know I was not happy with them.

After the party we rode back over to the hotel and made our way to a conference room JAMCO rented for the before/after party.

Again, the tripod came back out....



I always look forward to these parties each year. I know for a lot of people, their company Christmas party is a drag, but this one is always so much fun.  I love getting dressed up once in a while and love looking at Donald all dressed up too. Plus, we usually rent and room and stay up way too late acting the fool, but when you have a babysitter, it's a must. 'Til next  year!

No comments:

Post a Comment