Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Saturday Family Day Date

Saturday was a gorgeous day. It was cold, but not too bad all bundled up. Stella woke up around six, but unfortunately didn't go back to sleep like she normally does. Donald got her down for an early nap and then we headed to Oakland Cemetery. I've been wanting to go back and walk the while thing for a few years now and we finally got the chance. 


Donald asked "Do you think she has any nieces or nephews?"





Donald told me that morning, "Stella wants to wear her puppy dog dress today." The closet door was open and she kept trying to pull it out and give to him. So we put her in the adorable handmade dress from her Aunt Ginger. It has weenie dogs in different colored sweaters. What's not to love?!



We walked right up to the outer wall which overlooks the train tracks and is just below the Marta station. Stella loved seeing the choo-choo go by. 


Stella got this Very Hungry Caterpillar backpack from Aunt Kristi. I put her cup and snack inside so she could carry it. Love that idea!  It has a leash which is a nice option. Not sure if I'll ever use it. It is worth noting though that she and Silver quite enjoyed walking each other around the night she opened it. 



I don't know how king these wreaths have been up but they still looked gorgeous. I peeked inside at the beautiful stained glass window. 























Something about black and white cemetery photos. Makes you feel like you've stepped back in time. 




I happened to notice these two planes near collision, but they were probably many, many miles apart. 



Stella found a metal fork behind a headstone, a patch of ice to crunch with her boots, some dirt to sit down in and essentially make a dirt angel in, and she had so much static from her tights that every.single.time she plopped down in the grass, it stuck to her like a wet sponge. 

I feel like she should be doing the "la, la, lalalala" jingle from The Smurfs in this picture. 





Bobby Jones' grave. I'm not a golf fan. Like, at all. But I really liked the gesture of all of the golf balls left for him.



Afterwards, we drove to Farm Burger in Decatur. I'd been craving a burger and hand cut fries since we were supposed to be eating healthier. I didn't feel so bad after inhaling this since it was grass fed beef and the ingredients came from local and/or small family owned farms. The burger was cooked medium and it was like buttah! I went with aged sharp Vermont cheddar, arugula, tomato and caramelized onions. And that bun. Glossy top and airy. That's the only way I want to eat a burger like this. I do love burgers on Texas toast, but this burger needs the bun. 

Then we stopped by my friend, Amy's apartment in downtown Decatur. She has two girls so it was nice for Stella to play with them and me and Amy to catch up since it's been forever since we've seen each other. 

We didn't get around to giving Stella that much needed bath Saturday night since she passed out in the car.  She finally got one Sunday night after getting hot and sweaty at Catch Air for Landon's 2nd birthday party. Poor thing hadn't had one since Wednesday. I usually do every other day and really try to make it a point of bathing off the germs from MMO on Wednesday and Friday. Honestly though? I just really was feeling super lazy Friday night. Too lazy to turn on the faucet, stick my kid in a tub full of water and just sit there and watch her play you ask? Yes, that lazy. Ehh, whatever. She'll live.



No comments:

Post a Comment