Sunday, June 15, 2014

Week in Pictures June 9-15

Monday:

Grammy and Grampy went back home and I put you down for a nap. You ended up sleeping for two hours!  Although you haven't been fighting me for naps or bedtimes since Memorial Day, you usually only sleep for 30-45 minutes in the morning so this was a nice treat.


We played outside the rest of the day. We tried to get back in the pool, but again, it was too cool for you. Instead, You ran in the sprinkler & pushed your car around. 

Uncle Mikey and Aunt Jess gave you the cutest shades with stars on them. We posed for a picture to send to them.


Monday is laundry day and you were running around pulling clothes out of the basket. You just kept on so finally I sat you in the basket. You were so content and apparently very sleepy. I didn't realize how close it was to your afternoon nap. I'm not positive, but I think you fell asleep. I should have left you in it and just pushed you further out of the sun. I wonder how long you would have slept?



When I walked up to see your face, you did look towards me, but your eyes were barely open.



Then, the weirdest thing happened. You walked up to me, while I was laying on my stomach reading. You threw your leg over my back & sat down backwards on the small of my back. You grabbed both of my legs and starting biting my toes! I didn't have my phone near so I couldn't get this on camera. You didn't let me down though, you did it again about an hour later and my phone was handy. You thought it was hilarious when is scream and laugh so you'd do it again.


You've been biting my toes since I got them painted a little over a month ago. I guess you think I have candy on them. 



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday:
You had your 12 month doctor appointment at 10. You did great. Of course, you cried for your shots, but you didn't have any reaction and seemed to feel just fine the rest of the day. In fact, that was the best you've been after getting shots. You usually are very clingy and weepy and just whimper all day. It's nice you snuggle with you all day, but I am glad you didn't feel bad.

We wished JP a happy birthday. This picture was a whole lot cuter this year than your 2 day old picture from last year. However, it was no where near as funny. 



I still cannot believe this finger pose was a complete accident!

You like your chair but are still having a hard time figuring out how to sit down backwards in it. This was comfy for you. 


We hung outside in the afternoon and you played with your new wheelbarrow we got you for your birthday. You flipped it over upside down and sat on it.  Then you started patting my back. I turned to talk to you and you kissed me. It was like you were trying to get my attention to kiss me. I loved it.

We went up to Los Bravos to celebrate JP's birthday. You did much better this week than 2 weeks ago. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wednesday:

This picture was taken When you were a year and 3 days old.


This one was when you were 2 days old. It was our first morning at home.


You are beginning to recognize Daddy in pictures. I suppose you recognize me, but you never say "Mama" just "Dada". You've been taking the frame I have next to the bed with Daddy's pictures in it and pointing to say "Dada." This morning you kissed it.

Daddy slept in because he had a doctor appointment. While he got ready, you walked around the house like you had a peg leg. So strange.

During lunch on the porch, you started taking B's food out of his bowl. I noticed you trying to push it through the cracks in the porch floor like the coins in the piggy bank slot. Such a smart girl!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thursday: We didn't do much, just hung out at the house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday: 

We drove up to Blue Ridge for cousin Jennifer's 40th birthday party. I fixed a spaghetti dinner for us, along with Uncle Mikey, cousin Matt and Rebecca and great Grandpa. We hung out at Aunt Katha's cabin for a little while, then you went to bed (super late) and slept the whole night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saturday: 

We drove around all day and night with you in our laps. You seemed to enjoy it. 


We didn't bring your highchair so it was a little difficult to feed you. You fed yourself spaghetti for a bit, but then started getting irritated. 


After a while, you started irritating me. I told you so and then you started acting cute. 

Shortly after you came up and kissed me about five times. You were forgiven for the aforementioned irritation. 
You slept for a little over an hour but when you awoke, you were in a bad mood. You just cried and were so unhappy. We went down the mountain to Jennifer's birthday party down in the valley and the music and distractions helped some.

You are so happy with Ansley and Laney. 


Not so happy in Sam's lap though. 


I love this picture. Just love!



And this one too. You're just so precious.


I wore you most of the night because you seemed to be happiest that way. 
Someone set off a ton of fireworks right next to us and you got so scared. You actually handled it very well, but being thisclose to me and crawling up me was not close enough for you. 

Late that night right before you passed out in my arms I sat down on a hay bale with you next to the bonfire. Daddy snuck up behind me and sat down around me. You started kissing me and him, going back and forth between us. It's one of my happiest memories.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday:

We had to check out at 10 am so we went up to Aunt Katha's to hang out and have breakfast. 
I hopped in Uncle Mikey's new car for a picture before he left to head back home.


Today is Father's Day, Daddy's 2nd one. We drove home and while I nursed you, he left to pick up lunch. After lunch we shared a strawberry Popsicle, then went for a swim in the pool. Daddy and me ran around the pool over and over again to make a whirlpool and let you float in the jet ski shaped float Grammy and Grampy got you. You had fun in it and Mommy and Daddy slipped all over the place because the floor was a little slimy. 

Daddy's trying to show you how to hang on to the pool noodle, but you're more interested in the birdie in the tree.


I made Daddy a mug with photos of you on it. He can bring it to work to drink his tea and coffee in and think of you. You are so lucky to have such a great Daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment