Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Week in Pictures June 2-8

Monday we went here It was awesome.

We came home and went swimming.....for about 5 minutes. If that. The water has been in the pool for a few weeks now, but it's still really chilly.


I noticed this beauty- a gold zucchini (didn't know there was such a thing until I purchased it) and we also have a few tomato plants with fruit on the vine. We have nine varieties and I think four are bearing fruit. 


I used the bathroom and didn't shut the lid or make sure you came out. I just turned the light off and walked off calling your name. I assumed you would follow. You did....with a handful of wet toilet paper. That you so kindly pulled from the toilet and handed to me. Thank you. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday:
We visited our neighbor Sarah and the kids for an hour or so in the morning. We came home and you went right to sleep. No fighting me or anything. It only lasted 30 minutes though.

You barely ate lunch and as usual, started getting fussy around 4:30. You wouldn't go down for a nap even though you'd been awake for over five hours. I decided I didn't want to hear you grumbling so I put you in the carrier on my back. Within 10 minutes you were asleep. Daddy came home and helped move you to your crib. It was 5:30. You woke up at 6:15 and I sat down in the recliner with you. Immediately you conked back out.


 I sat with you for over an hour but eventually I had to use the potty and I was hungry and thirsty. So I got up. You woke up but then went back to sleep.  After a few tries I was able to put you back in bed. 


I managed to eat supper and shower super quick but you woke up as I was finishing. By this point it was around 9. You woke up a ton more times, screaming like crazy every time. My head was killing me and so was my tailbone and I just couldn't see myself sleeping in the chair so I put you in bed with us and you slept there the entire night. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wednesday:

This morning at 7 am, you sat up and looked at me and smiled. Then you leaned over and gave me four kisses on the mouth. You also grabbed my hand shortly thereafter and kissed the palm of it. I love this kissy phase you are in. So sweet! I believe the top teeth next to your front teeth are coming in. That usually explains your sleepless nights.

I filled the kiddie pool back up with water for you. You were mainly just interested in playing with the hose while it filled. I put it up to my mouth and then squirted water onto your chest. You giggled and smiled. I did it a few more times and each time, you laughed and smiled more. 

I set up the sprinkler for you to run through since you enjoyed the splash park so much. I turned on Pandora to the oldies station and the first song was "Blue Moon." No kidding. 


I needed to do a few things for your party and needed to keep you occupied. I'm glad you aren't a zombie in front of the TV but I admit, some days it would be easier if I could park you in front of it. I gave you some crayons and taped a piece of newspaper down to the kitchen floor. You banged them around and acted like you sort of knew what you were doing. Then you started sucking in the crayons and then it was over. 


I needed to mail a thank you card so we went down to the mailbox. You helped me open the door, put the letter in, put up the flag and close the door. Later on when the mail came, you opened the door to get the mail.  You recognize the airplane and train noises and I'm trying to get you to recognize when the mail comes by since the mail truck has such a distinctive noise.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thursday: 

All of a sudden you look so long and big. You take up so much space in your crib, not to mention our bed. 


After you woke from your nap I took you to the duck pond and park. We'd never fed the ducks before and you got so excited when they started walking towards us and quacking. There were also geese. 


This guy/gal took the bread right out of your hand!


We played on the slide for a minute, but then heard the train. We ran to the street to watch it go by. You made your "choo choo" noise. 


Double fisting already!


We stopped by Tiffany and Landon's to check on their house and the kitty. Callie was so sweet when we got there. She sat on the edge of the bed and let you pet her and love all over her.  
I took you to Grub Burger to eat lunch. You did amazing! There was loud music and people everywhere and you were so busy watching them that you never even thought of fussing. You fed me food off and on and even kissed me a few times. 

You don't really mess with B's collar quite as much as you did a few months ago, but now you like wearing it like a collar when you do grab it. You lay it over the back of your neck just like B when he wears it. Such a smartie pants.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday:

Mommy and Daddy got all gussied up to go to Laura and Erik's wedding. Grammy and Grampy stayed with you. I took out the inflatable rubber ducky bathtub they got you for c Christmas and we are letting Bennett borrow it since you have outgrown it.  They gave you a bath in the actual tub like a big girl. They said you were wonderful. We got in late and unfortunately you decided to wake up early.  


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saturday I didn't take any pictures as we were busy getting ready for your party.  That night we had lasagna on the porch and you found out if you flick the straw on your new cups it will spray water. You did it on accident and laughed because I guess it hit you. then you did it again and giggled. This went on for probably five minutes. It was super cute and I was shocked that you caught on so quickly. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday:
Your 1st birthday! I can't believe a whole year has passed.

You really dove in and enjoyed the homemade carrot cake with real cream cheese frosting. You especially liked licking the frosting and sprinkles from your fingers.



We let you run around in the sprinkler with Silver, Cameron and Cadence to get "clean." 


Then Aunt Jessica gave you your first haircut. Yep, we snipped off those double side rat tails!


It looked great when she finished, much thicker in the back, but now you look so grown.


You passed out after all of the birthday excitement.


Hey there Doodlebug!


We opened your presents after everyone left and you were mainly just interested in playing with the tissue paper. You tore it into tiny pieces.

The cake sugar rush set in about 3 hours after you finished. It was impossible to get you to stand or sit still. I've truly never seen you act that way before. You were in a great mood and laughing but all over the place! Grammy had to hold you somewhat still just so we could get your last month picture.


Brian, Kim and Grayson gave you this cute little Minnie Mouse chair. The first time you sat in it, you did it perfectly. From there out, you just kept pushing back on it and sliding down out of it . We think maybe you're trying to get it reclined since our other chairs lean back and this one is straight up and down. Who knows? 


The last part of your birthday ended up being not so great for you.  You bumped your head on the corner of the herb garden.  Then we were on the porch and I lifted up the chair to get closer to the table. I didn't know you were rightthere next to me and I sat the chair leg down on your foot/toe. I felt awful. Then at some point you hit the top of your mouth/gums with a lotion bottle and cried again. You pretty much lost it when we were getting you ready for bed and just cried the entire time. I know, you were sleepy. It had been a long, busy and fun day. You did so good.

This was a very busy week. Mommy and Daddy did a lot of prep and running around for your first birthday party. We had a great time and you appeared to also. We love you so very much. I told Daddy last night that it seemed like you've only been around a few months. I look back at photos on my phone and think it was taken a few days or weeks ago, but it'd be back in February or March. Time has passed so very quickly. Daddy just laughed and said,  "It's been a good year." It has baby girl, it really has. 

No comments:

Post a Comment