Monday, March 28, 2016

Our First Marta Ride

I decided to take Stella to The Children's Museum on Monday February 1st. Parking can be pricey in that area and since she loves trains, I thought we'd take a ride in on Marta. I was proud of myself. I packed everything we needed for the day into my backpack-including lunch and attached the Tula carrier with a carabiner clip.  




We were a little slow getting to the door at our destination (CNN Center) and the door shut in our face. So we rode the train up to Five Points, then hopped back on the west bound train back to CNN. 

We got to see the the new Falcons stadium/dome going up on our walk.



Stella walked for a little bit, then decided to hop in and be carried.



She really wants to ride the ferris wheel so I told her Daddy could come back with us and we'll ride again. We rode it when she was 4 months old when we went for our anniversary, but she obviously doesn't remember that.


This was just our second visit to The Children's Museum. Luckily we can go whenever we want because Tiffany added us onto her membership. This place is so awesome.  They have a mini Waffle House for the kids. It's one of Stella's favorite places to hang out.



Then she got to paint on the huge board......




....Go fishing.....


....Play in the play house....



....Operate heavy machinery.....





The walk to the museum was quite overcast-no sunglasses needed. But the walk back to Marta was very pretty. We walked over to Centennial Olympic Park and Stella played on the playground for a while. We met a family visiting from Vegas so I got to tell them I had been there the week prior. Turns out the little girl's name was Jillian but they called her Jilly. I overheard them say this and asked because that's how Stella pronounces her middle name, too. We talked for a while and I gave recommendations on what to do. 


We ventured over to the fountains and I was very, very tempted to take Stella's clothes off and let her run through the water. It was really quite warm and nice out and I did have another pair of panties for her to put on, but I thought I might get CPS called on me with her just in her panties and it was still January, even though it did not feel like it.






Once we left Centennial, she got back on my chest for the ride back to Marta.


At one of our stops while waiting, I spotted a huge rat on the tracks. Stella loved this. She looked for them every time she got a chance. I really think she enjoyed looking for rats more than the train ride.




I got a little confused on the way back and had to backtrack a bit, but other than that, this was such a fun trip. And a learning experience. We will definitely do this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment