Sunday, November 1, 2015

Halloween 2015

I gave Stella three options for her Halloween costume: 1. Superhero (loved SuperWhy at the time), 2. Cowgirl, 3. Fairy (thanks to her "Alice the Fairy" book.  Those were her three favorite things a few months ago. Stella chose to be a cowgirl.  I really wanted us to dress up as a family.  A little while later, I realized she had the makings of a kitty costume.  I mentioned it to Donald and he said he was all for dressing up like a cowboy, but was NOT dressing up like a cat!

I made the skirt from new and gifted fabric and a friend made the vest. My mom found the chaps & matching vest (too small) at a yard sale. The white shirt came from Target. 
The hat and bandanna came from a consignment sale. 
Lastly, the boots came from Kmart. 

Wednesday I took Stella up to Smyrna FUMC for their Trunk or Treat. This was our first time doing this type of trick or treating.

All American Cowgirl Photoshoot!

We recycled the mop horse from her party c/o her friend Alice's birthday party leftovers. Ha!











"Mooing" at the cows




 Minus the scrap skirt is her cute little whitey hiney.



Friday around 9 am, I realized I had everything so Stella could dress as a fairy. The dress was free from a kids clothing swap. Everything else we already had.






Oh, I love how this one turned out!











This is one of the better ways I've spent $.50! She loved her tackle box from a yard sale. She put her snacks and drink in it and carried it around the neighborhood after school. We went to visit Willadene to show off Stella's costume.


Saturday, we finally had our first family Halloween costume.  We forgot to get an actual family picture, but at least the ones we got were good.

 

That face!





Do you see him? That tickle monster always makes an appearance in our pictures.







Willadene had a special gift for Stella when she came over to Trick or Treat-an apple, bag of tri-colored grapes, stickers and Lisa Frank (she's still around?!) hair bows.

The guys from UP! I have got to show that movie to Stella soon. I have it on DVD. 
It's one of my favorites.


As soon as she saw Landon, she ran up and grabbed his hand. She was super affectionate to him last night.


Stella ended up having about a 20 minute meltdown during the Trunk or Treat. She was pretty fussy the whole night and not her best. That evening when we were all leaving, she handed Landon some homemade pumpkin pie scented play-dough we had made earlier that day. They went in both for the full body embrace but quickly toppled over in a heap. 
A crying heap. And that was it.
We got in the car and I told Donald, "Well, we've had a few worse nights, but I can 
think of much better good nights." He agreed.

As I was taking my boots off and getting ready to put Stella down for bed, I heard something from her room. I sneak over to the door and see her reading to her baby, "I love you forever."  




We didn't get to carve pumpkins, time and the weather didn't allow, but at least we'll have pretty ones for Turkey Day. Maybe we can carve a Thanksgiving themed pumpkin.


























No comments:

Post a Comment