Monday, June 1, 2015

Mother's Day Weekend 2015

So Friday was day 2 of Stella refusing to nap. However, around 5:15 that evening, she crawled up on the couch with me (after drawing on herself in marker as you can see) and passed out on me. I didn't realize it at first as I thought she was just watching TV with me, but it happened quick. She slept for an hour and a half and that was with me trying to wake her several times. Bedtime happened late that night for obvious reasons.


Saturday was the Marietta Gardeners Club annual plant sale. We all headed up together around 8 am. 
Stella insisted on pulling her shirt up and tucking her hands into her pockets and walking like that. 


Then she wanted to take a picture of all of us resting in the shade. 


Donald and her walked over to the Farmer's Market around 10 am. They "shopped" for gifts and food for Mother's Day.
It was pretty hot in the sun and standing on the asphalt and Stella tired quickly since we had gotten her up early. Donald had to carry her and all of their purchases back and she ended up falling asleep for a few minutes.

On Sunday, Stella brought me a few things she and Daddy picked out at the Farmer's Market the day before: A beautiful handmade card, lavender soap (which she proceeded to bite into) and gingered pecans from the market.
He got her to say "Happy Mother's Day, Mommy" which was the best.thing.ever. She was hesitant about it at first, but she finally said it. He said they had been practicing. So sweet.

Donald fixed cheesy eggs, thick cut bacon from a local butcher and this skillet biscuit thing we like. 

That afternoon I left the two of them and volunteered to serve a Mother's Day dinner at a senior rehab center.

When I returned, I put her in a cute dress, fixed her hair and forced her into taking pictures with me. 



How sweet! She shared her thumb with me.







Donald grilled pork chops (from the farmer's market), zucchini and polenta for dinner. For dessert we had an apple and blackberry cobbler he picked up from the market. The next night we had pecan pie for dessert that was also purchased from the market. He sure knows how to satisfy my sweet tooth! The weekend was just fantastic. I am such a blessed Mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment